Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Calculator

Monday, April 30, 2012

Another run

Well today did not go as planned for my run.  I mean I did run.  I ran 2.5 miles to be exact.  I started to run, was just going to go as long as I could.  My legs weren't having it.  So I kicked the incline up and walked for 4 mins and then tried again.  I did 2 mins that time.  I was so frustrated with my legs and angry that they were doing this to me.  I walked another four mins.  I decided that I would run 2 mins and see how I felt.  After 2 mins I felt ok so I went 2 more, then 2 more and before I knew it I had run for 14 mins without stopping.  My shins never got worse just stayed the same and just pushed through.  I decided that I wasn't going to let my legs stop me any longer.  So since I was running a 13:00 mile I went a whole mile without stopping.  This is such a huge success for me.  It may not have been part of the plan and may not have been what I intended but it was a great thing and really helped me to see that it comes down to mind over matter.  I am letting my legs stop me.  I need to get them stronger and the only way to do that is to keep running, keep working out and keep pushing forward.  So this is me pushing forward :).  Swim lessons I usually swim but tonight we didn't have the kids swim suits (we thought they were in the bag) so we bailed and came home.  Oh well not swimming won't kill me :).  Tomorrow is a ride and strength day hopefully.

No comments: