Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Calculator

Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12

So yesterday I rode 22.88 miles, but I am going with 23.  I mean close enough right LOL.  Either way it was a good ride.  Took me just over 2 hours.  I was doing great until I turned around at mile 15 to come home.  The head wind really slowed me down.  I didn't have my bike computer but I would imagine I was only doing about 8 mph a lot of the way.  I averaged 10 over the whole course.  It was for sure a wake up call that I need to get moving.
Today I headed to the gym.  I need to keep at the strength training if I am going to have the endurance for 204 miles on my bike.  I did an upper body routine and walked on the treadmill for 20 mins.  Who thing took about an hour and I walked in my vibrams.  I am going to walk a couple times a week for a couple weeks in them so that hopefully I can start running in early to mid April.
All in all a good couple days.  Finally broke through my plateau and was down to 172.8 :).  I have been struggling to get below 173 and more often than not have been sitting at 175.  So I was happy to be going down again.
Went back to paleo as I think that is the biggest difference between December when I was losing weight and now when I was stuck.  I hope this downward trend continues as I add more time on my bike to my week.

No comments: