Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Calculator

Sunday, May 19, 2013

My third official 5K

Saturday I did a 5K Coast Guard Remembrance run.  It was great.  Well it was tough, lets be honest.  As far as I have come I still am not a "leader of the pack" type runner.  I was at the back.  But it wasn't about winning or coming in first.  It was about going out there and doing it and finishing it for those fallen Coasties that can't.  It was about being bigger than me.  And it was tough.  I dropped my phone, and wanted so bad to walk.  I wanted to stop.  But my shipmates kept me going, they encouraged me when I was wanting to walk.  I managed to do the 3.1 in 36 mins.  That is a new personal record and I am proud that I finished, running 99% of the race and averaging an 11.4 min mile.  Honestly that is great for me.  I'm not trying to win, just finish.  And I did it.  It is more than those still in bed or sitting on the couch.  I have been super hungry ever since LOL.  But hope to get on track with eating tomorrow and this week while the hubby is out of town.  So much stress and sleepless nights, cooking isn't my thing right now.  But our budget and my waist are screaming at me.  The hard part is I want to be one of those people.  You know the type, those ones that just one day put down the cake and walk away from the unhealthy eating.  I know the eating is my biggest hurdle and I wish it was as easy as flipping a switch.  But those addictions are hard.  And I need more will power.  I need to say no more.  If you say no enough, saying yes becomes difficult.  I just need to push through the next month and I know I will be healthier for it.  So tomorrow I will turn another chapter and try again.  I will get a new routine at work and hopefully incorporate my workouts into my work day.  Wish me luck.  I will ease into paleo and make a healthy, happy example for my kids.


No comments: