Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Calculator

Sunday, April 17, 2016

To failures, and new beginnings!

I won't even try to make excuses.  I've neglected myself and my health for so long.  I keep telling myself that I will start tomorrow.  I know where I want to be, I know how I want to feel and look.  But I have such a hard time with the food part of being healthy.  I love food.  I also have an extremely busy life.  With 3 kids, a small family farm starting, 3 jobs (one being full time college), and a hubby that travels it doesn't leave a lot of hours in the day for me time and a lot of food on the go to try and get it all done.  But those are just excuses and I need to stop.  It finally all caught up with me last month for my Coast Guard weigh in.  I failed.  And now I have it hanging over my head.  It really stinks and is actually making me reevaluate my health.  I'm only 5'4", I shouldn't be creeping over 170 pounds.  I should be between 120 and 130 in all reality to be healthy.  And I shouldn't get winded walking 1/4 mile up my driveway :(.  My youngest fractured her tibia so I have to carry her everywhere right now.  I should be able to do this with ease.  I need to be strong and healthy to work my farm and animals even when hubby is gone.  I've let my depression and stress control my weight and eating habits for far to long.  I started this week.  I focused on just working out each morning, nothing to crazy just trying to get back into a routine and habit.  I did a walk away the pounds video each morning Tuesday thru Saturday.  Only 1 mile, but it's a start.  I bought a fitbit on Friday, so Saturday I set my 10,000 steps daily goal.  This week I will work on doing a 30 min video each morning and reaching my step goal each day.  I will also strive to make good healthy non carb related food choices.  If I cut sugars, carbs and soda I should make my 165 in May.  After that my goal is to be down to 34% body fat (per CG measurements/standards) by December 2016.  This will for sure be the hard one.  But I will measure each month at the start of the month, and I will work on it each day.  I will not make excuses anymore.  So I'm going to post each day, food, workout, thoughts and just keep a journal of sorts.  Maybe even post motivating pictures like I did before to help keep me going.

No comments: